Yesterday, I felt a cold coming on, but I didn't feel like making soup out of a can, so I decided to do it right in the slow cooker! This Low FODMAP chicken soup slow cooker recipe is great for days when you feel a cold coming on but want a little extra added to it!
It might not be for everyone, but if you love Thai, then you are going to love this recipe!
Low FODMAP Chicken Soup Slow Cooker Recipe
Crock-Pot Thai Chicken Soup with Coconut
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 hours
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 cup UHT coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 stalks lemon grass, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili, minced
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Bok Choy, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced (green parts only)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the bottom of the crock-pot with garlic-infused olive oil. Pour in coconut milk, water, fish sauce, and lime juice; gently whisk to combine.
- Add in lemon grass, ginger, red peppers, zucchini, chili, and chicken; season generously with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook on high for 3 ½ hours or low for 7 ½ hours.
- Uncover and add in cabbage, Bok Choy, and green spring onions. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes on low.
- Stir in fresh basil and serve over rice, if desired. Garnish with fresh lime wedges. Enjoy!
Enjoy out Low FODMAP Chicken Soup Slow Cooker Recipe? Check out our low FODMAP slow cooker beef stew