What's more incredible in low FODMAP lasagne? The fact that it's low FODMAP, it tastes great, or that it is easy to make?
If you are asking me then it is all three!
I'll be honest, we don't make much lasagne at home because of this issue, however, this recipe changes all of that.
Low FODMAP Lasagne
Easy Crock-Pot Eggplant Low FODMAP Lasagna
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 hours
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 large tomatoes, quartered
- 2 large eggplants, sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 4 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat garlic-infused olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add in carrots, peppers, and ground beef; cook until the beef is nicely browned and the veggies are tender, around 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook until the herbs become fragrant, around 1-2 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the tomatoes to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into the beef mixture and simmer until slightly thickened, around 5-6 minutes.
- Spray the bottom of your crock-pot with a bit of cooking spray and cover with a layer of eggplant slices. Top with a third of the beef and tomato sauce, followed by a third of the parmesan cheese.
- Repeat twice or until you have no ingredients left, ending with parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Enjoy!
Enjoy our Low FODMAP Lasagne Recipe? Check out our low FODMAP slow cooker beef stew