Need some flavor in your chicken? Our low FODMAP slow cooker chicken is your answer!
One of the biggest things I miss with chicken is glaric. Yes, yea I know glaric is one of the highest foods with FODMAPs - but I can't help it sometimes. This receipe uses Garlic Infused Olive Oil - which you can make yourself or buy from the store.
Either which way it will statify your cravings!
Low FODMAP Slow Cooker Chicken
Crock-Pot Lemon and Caper Chicken
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 hours
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup capers, drained from the brine
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the garlic-infused olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook until browned all sides, around 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken, along with any remaining oil in the pan, into the crock-pot.
- Spread the capers and lemon slices over the chicken breasts. Season with sage, oregano, thyme, basil, and a fat pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the lemon juice, wine, and water over the chicken and cover with a lid. Cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve over gluten-free pasta, zoodles, or rice to soak up the delicious juices. Enjoy!
Do you like our low FODMAP slow cooker chicken? Check out our Low FODMAP Chicken Soup Slow Cooker Recipe
About The Author: Drew is the founder of The Gut Program and a gut health expert. His work has been featured on The Gut Program, CbdOilForIBS.com, Ask Men and The Gut BrainConnection Community. Learn more at his personal site.